Hi folks, been doing bits on this one here and there, and suddenly realised I hadn't up dated the build here. The last post I had started on a replacement cowling and done some busy work in the cockpit, well that is all done, pilot is in and cowling is all finished.
Had to add a little strip to the right wing root, as the dihedral was lop sided.
I'll cement the canopy on tonight, and then mask the canopy.
Wednesday, 2 May 2012
Decals went on well, apart from the trailing edge walkways ones, which kept on folding up, and the fuselage stripe, whose edges shattered, so I replaced it with a Revell Me 262 one.
The only other oddity to me is the swastika which comes in two parts and is backwards. Andrew on the UAMF has informed me it's for the German market, and that I am supposed to have put them on upside down. I thought the reverse side would have been all white and never checked ooops. Ah well a good reason to get another one of these kits..
The decals seem a bit bright so they were toned down with some thinned Tamiya deck tan sprayed over them and the high points on the airframe, then a scattering of thinned Tamiya black and brown, and finally a coat of Vallejo satin model air varnish and she's done...