Friday 20 January 2012

Airfix Devstator - finished

Got the decal canopy frames on, and had my big oops, carefully counted the sections, marked them out on maskling tape so I could line them up, got them on, then started the horizontal frames, and hmmmm, somethings not right, arrgh I missed a section...... so this devastor has one less section in the canopy. I also havn't got all the frames there should be on, it started to look busy enough to me, and I'd had enough. I did notice the pilot and his seat with rollover frame is too far back, I'm not sure if I made a mistake, but will check when I do another one. Knocked up a prop shaft and boss for the prop blur, popped on the tail wheel, hook, and torpedo, and added some torpedo holding cables?, I think, not sure if they are right but hey.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
A fun build, an the camo scheme is a change to the yellow wing, though I am looking forward to a yellow wing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment