Monday 11 July 2011

Captured Bf109F NN644 -White 11 Finished

This one got to the point where I don't know what to do, so I'll just stick all the bits together...






The roundels, fin flash and serial are home made decals, see those horrible edges on the serial, need to figure out how to stop that on clear decals... the 11 and bomb were painted using frisk film as masks. I am officially a convert to frisk film for masking, be trying codes next.

Successfully used parafilm for the canopy masking, a pain to take off, and had to scrape with a tooth pick to get it off. I'm not a convert to paraflim, this is about the fourth I've done, and I'll be going back to tape edges and fill the rest with masking fluid. Or painted decal film as frames.

My normal airbrushed prop blur disk, I wasn't sure how it'd look on 48th but its a good un.

There's no wing pitot, because I didn't like the look of it, and it wouldn't last in our house...

I enjoyed the kit, my first foray into 48th for a lot of years, had a bit of trouble with the chin scoop, all my own fault, but a nice build.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment